Friday, February 25, 2011

The 5x5 routine.

So you've rested and have a new plan of attack or maybe you can't think of anything. Well, what I went with is the 5x5 workout.

It's always a good idea to change the number of reps and sets to confuse the body like I had mentioned previously. This in conjunction with different exercises for the muscle groups works well to get those results rolling again.

The 5x5 routine is simply 5 sets of 5 reps. When you're lowering reps, you will want to increase the weight. Before we were doing 8 reps for 3 sets. You will want to bump the weight up to where you can get 5 reps in but no more. Repeat for 4 more times to complete the 5 sets.

The 5x5 is usually used to focus on strength gain, but it really did work for me when I hit the plateau. Not only did it increase my strength, it kept the mass coming as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment